GEMS

GEMS
Medusa - EP

Genres:
Dream Pop

Members:
Clifford John Usher
Lindsay Pitts








I found this gem (ha!) just yesterday. I was looking up Classixx and turns out that both these artists will be playing in Montreal on March 29th. Classixx, of course a much bigger name, will be headlining, but I was very happy to stumble upon this new find of mine! I doubt I'll make it to the show, but its probably going to be quite the experience!

Pretty boom Classixx song:


As you read through my post, feel free to listen to their enchanting sounds. Scroll down to play their songs.

Their EP is real nice. They have such a natural, yet strong, sound. Its a little dark in some areas, but then their sound brightens up. Its the mix of sad and optimistic sounds that I really enjoy!

I'd have to say my favourite song of theirs is not even on their EP. "Never Age" has such a jumpy bass riff and is answered by dreamy guitar licks. This dreamy feel is really what pops out in most of their songs to be honest. The lyrics in most of their songs sound very deep and intriguing, but they are a little hard to make out. They are drowned out by the constant buzz of synthesizers. I actually like when artists make it difficult to hear what they are saying. This generalization of drowned out lyrics usually defines dream pop / shoe gaze music.

Favourite Songs (from EP):
Ephemera
Pegasus

GEMS has four other songs out besides their EP. Check out their SoundCloud for more tunes. I really enjoy their cover of Seal's song, "Don't Cry." I'm usually not a fan of covers and/or remixes, but this cover doesn't kill the song, thankfully. The original song has more of a soul feeling to it, but the cover is for sure more dreamy. Which one do you like better?


Go like my Facebook page: AC Pastiche

0 comments:

Post a Comment